Belles Hot Chicken, Barangaroo, Sydney

Belles Hot Chicken

All right, in the swanky new Barangaroo precinct, the waterfront is boasting of a new pop up shops. There is Gin  IT, Belle’s Hot Chicken, and Mamak. When I first walked through, I probably though wow – Mamak!. Perhaps, I felt like a sinner in the church in the confession box saying, Forgive e father for I have sinned. Last Friday, afternoon, I decided to check out Belle’s Hot chicken. It was only when I reached, I realized a lot of people near the Gin & IT bar. So I go near the shop and try to stand by the line and only to realize, I got it wrong. Apparently the crowd in the adjacent bar was actually a waiting line for Belles hot chicken. Wow. So I walked down to the other end of the long line, 2 shops beyond and stood into my place. Wow ! what a phenomenal line. This must be good, I thought. As the line progressed, it was getting clearer to me. People were ordering drinks from Gin & IT, as they waited on the line patiently.  As we moved forward, I gradually saw people getting their orders and why its so wow. It took me an hour to finally place the order and then another 20 ins before I got the order.



So what’s so special about Belle’s? Well, to begin with, the order is simple. Its fried chicken. Simple. Wings, Drumsticks & Thighs, Tenders. For the veggies, there is mushrooms. And to choose the heat, there is southern, medium, hot, really hot and really F**kin hot. For sides, you can select from coleslaw, fries, mixed pickles or the 3 bean salad.

So to begin with, I had a war between drumsticks or wings, and then a war on hot, or really hot? Being adventurous, I decided to order for the chicken wings, and then thinking it’s a bloody Friday, what can possibly go wrong and who cares- I go for the really hot. I order this with coleslaw and blue cheese dip, along with lemonade with cardamoms. To begin with, the whole experience of waiting in the line and seeing people get their dishes, builds up an appetite. And then once you place the order an wait for your name to be called, its an intoxicating hunger and craving that's driving you crazy and makes you wild. And once the dish is served, you just fall in love with it. Sprinkled with pickles, and the deep red color which more than warmth, exuberates heat. The chicken wings- comes with four pieces. Well fried and crunchy on the outside, and juicy hot chicken inside. The coating of the crunchy outer cover and mixed with the red hot chilli is insane. Let me tell you, it’s an absolute treat and a must have. Highly recommended.  The really hot chicken with th mild coleslaw and the blue cheese dip to cool off, is fantastic and sensation. I thnk I can now make a new movie like Harold and Kumar go to White Castle version for the Belle’s Hot chicken. The lemonade with cardamom is quite an interesting variation.

There is a very big waiting time, so beware, specially on a friday arvo.  Either come after 1:30 or by 11:00 in the morning. The good thing is that it is open on the weekends as well, and also in the evening till 8 or 9.

Trust me, it is right now the biggest temptation to my diet regime and I do succumb once in a while. Id say go and celebrate this success which has arrived in Sydney, all the way from Melbourne.
So all in all, highly recommended.
Wulugul Pop Up, Wulugul Walk, The Streets of Barangaroo, Barangaroo, The Rocks, Sydney

Belles Hot Chicken Menu,
Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments