The Famous Berry Pies, Berry



Its quite a coincidence that Berry has the famous doughnut shop and another famous pie shop. Well, the famous “ Berry Pie Shop”- small little cafĂ© and serves a wide array of pies, sausage rolls, pasties and quiches. Simple pie shop. You have the regular pies- steak, steak and cheese, steak and mushroom, steak and kidney. Then you have the sausage rolls, spinach, ricotta and feta roll, vegetable pasties. In the gourmet pies, various versions of the chicken pies- the chicken leek and mushroom, chicken and vegetable, chicken and curry, the butter chicken, chicken with honey and mustard. You also have quiches, and freshly baked bread.

Look overall, there is usually a long queue. This is a cash only joint. When I went there, I was interested in the chicken and curry pie or the butter chicken pie. Unfortunately, both were sold out. I was tempted between the Thai green curry pie and the chunky lamb pie. Eventually settled for the chunky lamb pie and the chicken and mushroom pie.




To be honest, it was just about ok. I do give marks to it-hot pie, fresh. However, I have high expectations from pies. After having the butter chicken pie at Hayden’s Ulladulla, and the curry Chicken pie at Harry’s, there is certainly a high expectation. To be honest, both the pies I tried were just about okay, but not legendary or out of the world. The pies cost $4 - $5.

If I am in Berry, I might give it a try again, but just about okay is my verdict.

110 Queen street
Berry, New South Wales
(02) 4464 1122


The Original Berry Bakery Menu,
Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments